My name is Anna Bajus. Ever since I was in High School I have always wanted to become someone who assists other people in time of need.
A career as a Counsellor/Psychologist gives me the opportunity to do this in addition to allowing me to pursue my interests in treating individuals experiencing psychological distress and mental illness.
I have the knowledge, skills, desire and drive to help other people when they need assistance or guidance through difficult or challenging times. There is great satisfaction in being a part of a person’s road to change. It is a powerful and rewarding journey.
You may not have anyone in your life that you feel you can talk to, or maybe you do but they don’t understand you. Perhaps you do not want to burden someone that you are close to, or maybe they are part of the problem. If you are struggling with things in your life, past, present or future or have problems at work, university, home or in your relationships, counselling may help.
I am friendly, calm, personable and down to earth and I am committed to building a relationship with you that allows you to be open, honest and feel safe enough to explore yourself, your world and your problems.
I am a member of the PVG scheme (covering vulnerable children, adolescents and adults).
I work with children, adolescents and adults.
I am based in Edinburgh, Scotland, UK. I provide counselling and life coaching sessions at my home or online, via Skype or Whatsapp.
A FEW THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT ME:
- I am Polish and my first language is Polish, from what I am told, my accent is thick, but it doesn’t affect my ability to communicate with you. I might occasionally make some grammar mistakes (who doesn’t?), we are all human.
- I am a wife and a mother of two little children. On daily basis my patience is tested with my two toddlers, and I certainly feel that my self- awareness reached the hight where my frustrations will never get the better of me, even with two young, very active and precocious young children that challenge me every day.
- I write articles for magazines in Poland. My texts have been published in Charaktery, which is the oldest (23 year on the market) and the most popular magazine among psychology’s enthusiasts about psychology in Poland and in Psychologia w Praktyce (Psychology in Practice), which is one of the most popular magazines among professional psychologists and therapists in Poland.
- I also write for lifestyle magazines and portals, like Claudia and Kobiecasprawa
- I continuously keep up with current research, and recently, as a part of my ongoing professional development I completed Mindfulness and Life-coach courses.
- I love all elements of psychology and its ability to help me connect with people, develop strong relationships and demonstrate my knowledge to helping you. These are the most valuable things to our relationship and your healing process.
- I love to support and work with moms, moms-to-be and moms with little ones. One of my main field of interests is pre/postnatal depression and anxiety. If you are a parent who needs support- please get in touch with me.
My career path
Member of British Psychological Society (MBPsS Tittle)
Masters Degree of Psychology with major in clinical psychology (5 year study programme) – graduated in 2017- SWPS University of Social Sciences and Humanities in Warsaw, PL
BA (Bachelor’s Degree) of Journalism and Social Communication (3 years study degree programme) – graduated in 2014 – Wyzsza Szkola Humanistyczna Towarzystwa Wiedzy Powszechnej in Szczecin, PL
Internship “Basics of Training and Psychological Practice”- running classes with teenagers in Warsaw’s high schools in 2016/2017 (accreditation: Intra- Osrodek Pomocy i Edukacji Psychologicznej), PL
Advanced Cognitive Behavioural Diploma, NewSkills Academy, UK, 2020
I have participated in symposiums run by Polish Association for Behavioral Psychology (PTPB) – in 2014 and 2016, PL
MBSR (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Programme) – Full 8 week course run by Fundacja Polski Instytut Mindfulness in 2018, PL
Mindfulness & Life Coaching Diploma, NewSkills Academy, UK, 2019
Juno Perinatal Mental Health Support volunteer since 2019-current, UK
Girlguiding’s volunteer- since 2019- current, UK
Based in Edinburgh, UK